Saturday, April 4, 2020

Happy Adoption Day Rosie!

I got Rosie 5 years ago April 3...

I went to the Humane Society (for the 4th time since December) and I was looking for a blonde/golden haired male dog that I wanted to name Whitman- I will still have a Whit one day- and this girl called out to me. She was found on the streets near 69th and Blondo on Wednesday April 1, she was taken in - spayed and given all her shots and was on the floor Friday around 1pm.
We had just gotten out of professional development in Bennington and I didn't want to go home, it was Good Friday, it was the first Easter without my brother- who passed away the previous September and all my friends were out of town for the weekend. 
I wanted to go anywhere but my lonely apartment. 
So I went to the Humane Society and found the love of my life, the complete opposite of what I wanted to adopt. 
...but she spoke to me. We were both lonely souls that had a hole to fill. 

she. rescued. me.

The picture of her in the passenger seat of my car is my FAVORITE picture of her. She looks so joyful, she didn't know what spoiled life was ahead of her. She because my world!! I bake for her, I paint her nails, and I always make sure she has a scarf and pearls on. She takes really good care of me and I love her so much! 



So this anniversary is something that I always celebrate! This year I made her dog treats and a cake!


Here is the tutorial that I made for the dog treats!

 And here is the recipe that I used for the cake!



Here is the tutorial I posted!
...and I used the homemade dog treats to decorate the cake!



Heres to Rosie!






No comments:

Post a Comment