Saturday, April 4, 2020

Teaching from home...

Wow, what a change our society and world is going through. I am now an online teacher. What's really nice about our school is we still get to meet with our kids daily on Zoom! 
Its so nice to see all their faces! Makes my teacher heart sad that I am no longer in the front of the classroom, greeting them each morning and seeing their smiles! 

I miss my kids. I miss their hugs. I miss my school.

Here are some pictures of my lovely co-workers living their best life un-kenneled and being let out 17 times a day!


My puppies know when I am sad, at wits end, or need to cry..... I would love to bring my puppies to work with me. 
They definitely bring so much comfort and calm me. They are the real rock stars here!




 I gave in and bought myself computer glasses. They protect my eyes from the blue light that the computer gives. I am now on my computer from 7:30am - 3:45pm (with a lunch break of course) I found myself that first week feeling lethargic and always on the verge of a headache. I had one last Tuesday that caused nausea and caused me to throw up. I have not had any of those episodes since getting these glasses. They help so much. 


My animals loving me being home! I have had Mushu on my shoulder a couple of times, although he is gaining more courage and traveling more!


My new classroom!


I took a half day to plan out all the standards I had yet still to teach. 
I teach 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade and I have the document with all the standards left to teach but it was nice to have a visual and every window in our house has paper in it! 
Poor hubby- he only has one window to watch the birds! 


 I am trying to make it fun for my students. They give me responses on FlipGrid, and when I give responses back I have a sequin jacket, heart sunglasses and a rose gold microphone! Anything to help them smile and look forward to checking in!!!!


Yes....some days I am business on top and casual on bottom. Not all days because I am starting to stand when I teach...but some days yoga pants are needed!!


Oscar hopped on the bench with me...such a sweetheart!



Necessary Zoom calls with the staff that I miss!
I will never take for granted eating lunch with them again!!!
This is Jennys last year teaching... I may have to con her into coming up to Legacy next year for one last lunch with us! These ladies are SO AWESOME!



-Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment