Monday, September 9, 2019

Podcasts and Coloring

I loved stories growing up and I have always wanted to incorporate story time in my classroom. I grew up with Focus on the Family's Adventures in Odyssey (any one else out there?) I am really fond of radio stories, and listen to them when I clean and walk the pups! 

Being a math teacher I have never been able to get it in my lessons.

This year, teaching 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade I am able to have them be a part of my reading stations! I want them to have something to do with their hands, so the past 2 weeks I have printed off coloring sheets for the kids. This week I decided that I needed a picture in my clear phone case. I precut the cardstock to the size of my phone case and told the kids some of my likes and dislikes. 
While they were listening to the podcast they colored away, and as you can see, they took this activity very seriously!
It was hard to choose just one! I chose the mermaid, because it reminds me of every day on our honeymoon swimming in the Pacific! The sunflower was a close second!

Excited to do this activity again, everyone notices my super-cool phone case and always asks about it, and it opens the door for me to talk about my students!


-Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment