Monday, August 19, 2019

New School

Welcome back to ALittleNebraskaSunshine! It feels good to be blogging again!

This year I wanted to try new innovative ideas, and share them with friends and family, so you can see what I am up too, or maybe gain some inspiration!

We spent a short year in Kansas before moving back to Nebraska. I had heard about this school in North West Omaha call Legacy that focused on small group or one on one learning, project based learning, and teaching was encouraged to be outside! I get plenty of plan periods in one day and I have a teachers assistant; she is also a certified teacher! In almost every subject I teach I am able to do station work and have teachers at 2 of the stations! 
I am so excited for this school year and all that it has to bring! For right now you can see below, this is my school, and my classroom is on the very end, not completed yet!

This will be my new classroom come October!!
But, for right now I am on the house that is on the 11 acre campus. The house that came with the purchase of the land is originally where the kids take science! The science teacher is currently in the garage- with an air conditioner-  no worries, and I am in the living room and the kitchen! The kids “lockers” (chairs) are in the bedroom off of the living room! It’s quite the experience right now! 
My teaching idle growing up was Laura Ingels Wilder, so I feel like I am in a 1 room school house teaching 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade! :) 


Here below is the living room of the house! I am exited to start decorating and make it feel like a classroom! 


Since I am in the science room, I not only have 16 kids, but 2 bearded dragons, 3 tree frogs, a leopard gheko, 2 coneflower snakes, and 2 turtles.




And how can I forget about all the goats and chickens! This is Emma! Do not let her blue eyes fool you... she always tried to eat my dresses! 



This is Xena- she is very curious! I can’t wait to learn how to hold her! 


This is Marge, she is very curious also, she will watch me work! I have held her a lot and she will hang out on my shoulder! 


From left to right, Emma Ozzy, and Harriet


Juniper- also Junie 


For now, see you soon! I will post updates on the classroom and animals and all these ideas stored in my head that make it so difficult to sleep at night! :) 

-Sunshine


No comments:

Post a Comment