Thursday, October 11, 2012

Reunion in Kearney

I was able to go to Kearney for a weekend for Newman Center Reunion. It was during homecoming week so there was so much ENERGY in the air! And the beautiful fall made campus wonderful! 
It was so awesome to be back in town again! Kearney is only a 2 1/2 hour drive from Omaha and I picked up Rita in York, so that broke the drive up!
It was great to see old acquaintances and to see where everyone is now! Made for great conversation! Friday night we had snacks and drinks. Saturday morning we went to the homecoming parade and a BBQ. Then Rita and I headed over to the Student Union to have treats with the professors of the educational college!
The Dean of the college remembered me from when they visited Houston in the Spring of 2010! No one had ever visited Alief from UNK until then! And the program had been going on for 17 years! So, we had a lot to talk about, and they were trying to talk me into getting my masters of education at UNK....huhhh we will see where time takes me!
 Louie the Loper! Any of you Houston-ians who were wondering what a "Loper" was---here ya go!
The theme of homecoming was "Follow the Yellow Brick Road!"

 My old dorm that I was an RA in  (CTE) got the first place float!!! So proud!




Rita and I in front of the fountain!!
Had a GREAT weekend with her!

-sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment