Thursday, October 11, 2012

Apples in the Fall

Irene and I took a day away from Omaha! We drove to Nebraska City! Only about an hour way. We went to Arbor Day farms and spent the day apple picking and wine tasting. It made for a wonderful afternoon. It was so peaceful and we had the most beautiful weather!







 And I had my candy corn nails! I LOVE everything about fall!!



With our wine tasting we ate Havarti cheese and Triscuits-- my FAV-- and Irene made wonderful veggie wraps! I cannot express how much I needed an afternoon away with no obligations. Sometimes if I stay at home for a day and think it is relaxing, but there are always dishes in the sink, bathrooms that need to be cleaned, or laundry that needs to be done. It was great to just sit, soak up the sun, and enjoy the wonderful afternoon!!!

So, what did I do with all my apples???
I had some helpers make some apple crisp with me!





-sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment