Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cake Batter Popcorn and Strawberry Shortcake


Mini Strawberry Shortcakes

1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes
I was able to make 14 little cakes

*I put some sugar on the strawberries and let them sit for an hour before serving and I gave others the option of putting some Cool Whip on top! These were light and refreshing!

*When I make this next time I may drop them in muffin tins to they have a pretty circular form.

--------------------------------------------------------------
 
I made this for our Guatemala Packing Party and it was a hit! Had to leave it at Evas house so I wasn't tempted to finish the rest of it! Here is the recipe and the blog I got I from! I will definitely make it again!


 

Funfetti Cake Batter Popcorn

Recipe adapted from Mrs. Schwartz's Kitchen

Ingredients:

2 bags microwavable kettle corn or white popcorn
1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips or vanilla candy melts
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cup white or yellow cake mix
1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles

Directions:

- Pop the popcorn in the microwave, following packaging instructions. Transfer popcorn to a large bowl, being careful to pick out all of the unpopped kernels.
- Melt the white chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each 30 seconds until it is fully melted.
- Stir in the vegetable oil to the melted chocolate until smooth. Then add the cake mix to the chocolate - the mixture will be thick, but mix until well-incorporated.
- Drizzle the chocolate/cake batter mixture over the popcorn and add half of the sprinkles. Use your (clean) fingers to toss everything together until evenly coated.
- Spread the popcorn onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets to allow the chocolate to harden and sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Let popcorn harden for about 20 minutes on the counter, or 5 minutes in the fridge, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment