Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Pasta" Primavera

Now that I have time I am able to try new recipes! More than just one a week! I have been cooking with Spaghetti Squash, it is so much healthier than noodles. I have made a Chicken Parmesan, and a tuna noodle casserole with it. Today I tried a Primavera, but with no meat (I had none on hand). It was really good and the sautéed garlic and onion really gave it a rich flavor!

I got the recipe from http://lexiscleankitchen.com/2013/06/25/pasta-primavera/ and made a couple of adaptations.

1 Spaghetti Squash
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more to taste)
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
2 handfuls fresh organic spinach
1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 onion, chopped
Chicken or Shrimp
 
Optional: Add in other vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, asparagus)
Optional: Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan when serving
 
Instructions:
I cut the spaghetti squash and cleaned the seeds out and microwaved it for 6 minutes
In a medium-size pot add oil, garlic, and onion and sauté for for 3-5 minutes
Add in spaghetti squash and mix well
Add salt, crushed red pepper, and pepper
Add in tomatoes, spinach, and any other vegetables of choice
Top with fresh basil and fresh parmesan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment