Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January Teaching Ideas

I have always loved the idea of an "exit ticket" but this one I added a little spice too! I have always had numbers on the kids desks so I can randomly call on them, so I posted the numbers on this board so I can see who participates!


 
Who knew there was a use for toilet paper rolls? I have SO many colorful pens and having them in a bag/box was not working...the rolls help them stand up!
 Change the number each time, but have the kids come up with their own math sentence to equal the given number! great if you have an extra 5 minutes in class.!
 Invisible Man
My new favorite spelling review game!
I have 20 kids, so I split them into 4 groups of 5, first one to spell the given word and put their marker down gets to erase a body part of the person. I give each team 13 things to erase. First team to have no body parts left-- hence invisible man-- WINS!
 This seems so simple, but kills 2 birds with one stone
-Volume
-Using centimeters and inches on a ruler
Kids loved it-- and this is SO much better than a worksheet, having the kids explore helps them remember concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment