Thursday, August 1, 2013

Guatemala

I am BEYOND thankful that I was given the opportunity to go to Guatemala.
This trip will forever stay in my heart-- I will post more pictures periodically because this trip had a big impact on my life.
 
 Going into Market with some of the kids
 The happiest kids I know!- Oscar- he loved to come in our room and borrow our chapstick and lotion!
 The beautiful people of the villages





 Spending an afternoon walking the streets of the village! Eating chocolate covered bananas and going into the teacher store!

 An afternoon hike! The town of San Andres Sacabajo is behind me in the picture
 
 This is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip! We went into Market and the pastors wife sells these 'parfait' type desserts with ice, fresh fruit, and flavored syrup. I went with Maria, and she held my hand so proudly walking through town! I feel like I know more Spanish when I am talking with kids because I will more open and willing to make mistakes, I was able to speak a lot of Spanish with her! And she helped me translate while we were walking by the other vendors!

No comments:

Post a Comment